Sunday, December 11, 2005

IT'S ON RANDOM

Gorillaz performing "live" at the MTV Europe VMAs, in what look like holograms but actually aren't. It's some kind of newfangled digital animation projected on a special transparent foil. Industrial Light & Magic is actually going to help them with configuring a Global Tour for 2006/07. Cool beans. Notice the painstaking job they did: even when the characters aren’t the focus of the performance, Gorillaz are doing something (2D checks his cellphone, Murdoc scratches his balls, etc.)

*



*

I have a slight problem with the new Superman, and that is...



… I think I could take him in a fight. And shouldn't that just NOT BE THE CASE when we're talking about SUPERMAN here?



You be the judge.

*

A new carnivore is discovered on the isle of Borneo.

*



I forgot that Colossus is in the new X-Men. This doesn't look like him, though. This still looks like the T-1000 from Terminator 2.



Beast isn't bad-looking, though. He looks like the George Perez version of the character, and Kelsey Grammer is almost unidentifiable underneath all that makeup. Unfortunately, I wish they'd stuck with the Kitty Pryde in the first film. She was much hotter.

(click on links if pics don't work)

*

I didn't even know there was an RA Rivera Fans Club website, but apparently there is. So now I know, and knowing is half the battle. It also means that my favorite Pinoy music video of all time is online. I win!

*

While I'm at it, let me point you to Pancho Esguerra's video for Chubibo's "Patawad." Peachy keen!

*

Girls Against Boys is my favorite band name of all time, but I have found a contender: I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness.

*

When A Charlie Brown Christmas was first broadcast, it was watched by 50% of America's viewers.

TRAILER PARK

Spike Lee’s Inside Man

Brett Ratner’s X3, which is apparently partly based on Joss Whedon’s recent, excellent run, but unfortunately, all script reviews so far have been negative.

Darren Aronofsky’s The Fountain

Steven Spielberg’s Munich, looking like the most interesting Spielberg project in a LONG while.

The Spielberg/Zemeckis production Monster House

Sofia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette

An American Haunting looks interesting. Included in a fine cast is Wendy from that good Peter Pan film from last year.

Remember when you take a chance on a trailer you don’t know much about and it just knocks you flat on your ass? Doesn’t happen much, does it? Try Daywatch, part 2 of the Nightwatch trilogy. The more of this franchise I see the more interesting it becomes. The director’s been attached to Mark Millar & JG Jones’s Wanted.

Surely you must’ve seen the trailer of Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns by now?

No comments: