Sunday, January 23, 2005

JE SUIS RANDOM

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride! Yeah! I'm more excited about this than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, to be honest.

The trailer for Crispin Glover's What Is It? is insane! Like a Troma film from the New Wave! Like when other films make fun of "experimental" cinema (Ghost World's "Mirror, Father, Mirror," anyone?)! Is that not the perfect title for this movie? Warning: boobies!

Teri Hatcher has a problem that I'm sure many of us generous manfolk would volunteer to help her out with.

Hey Ciudad! And any other band who might be reading: Myspace now have this feature where, if you're a musician, you get a special page with a built-in mp3 player and you can stream your music, and offer it for download if you wish. You know, might be an interesting way to get the word around.

Perhaps the best music video I saw last year: Kings of Convenience's "I'd Rather Dance." Even if it may be old. Reminded me somewhat of Jared Hess's Napoleon Dynamite, and speaking of, he did the video of The Postal Service's "We Will Become Silhouettes."

The new ipod shuffle looks mighty tempting. I wish I could afford an ipod. But even if I could, I don't have a computer that would maximize its potential. I mean, we're still using a PC that has a Windows 98 OS (from when it was NEW, so this thing's about 7 years old) that has, uh, 11GB of hard drive? That and I'm still kind of waiting for Microsoft to launch their own MP3 player and start dem wars (but there's STILL no schedule on that, and their informal ceding of the videogame platform wars to Sony isn't an inspiring sign). Creative's Zen players get a lot of good press but just don't have the marketing oomph of Apple. But the shuffle looks interesting... I'm just wondering why, when flash drives now have a capacity for 4GB, they didn't come out with a 4GB model? Did they think it would cannibalize ipod Mini sales?

Douglas Coupland's next book is a sequel to Microserfs. There is a part of me that thinks this is a bad idea, that good works should be left alone, but there is also a part of me that is curious about what's happened to the characters, who I love (it's my favorite of Coupland's novels). The rumors of a Taxi Driver sequel, on the other hand, inspires nothing but revulsion in me. And while I'm at it, Martin Scorsese is directing the US remake of Infernal Affairs with Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon taking over for Andy Lau and Tony Leung. At first I groaned when I read it, but thinking about it, Scorsese could really do something with the subject matter. It's all in the handling, so fingers crossed. Another remake, with less potential this time, is Justin Lin (Better Luck Tomorrow) doing Oldboy with Nicolas Cage.

Hey, hey! The Da Vinci Code is being made into a movie: Tom Hanks is the lead, Jean Reno is whatever French character, and it looks like Audrey Tautou's in the cast too... in a film directed by Ron Howard and written by Akiva Goldsman! Hahahaha! Sorry, guys.

No comments: