Friday, March 14, 2003

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

I kind of organized my links box over on the left side. Finally added Lala as well. And found Joey’s 3rd blog. And do you like the new userpic? Thought so.

Check out Daypop’s Top Word Bursts. It’s an interesting looksee into what people are blogging about right now. And here’s something to look at while eating.

--

I rarely remember my dreams, but this week, out of the blue, back-to-back nightmares: in the first, I’m in a burning house. In the second, my two front teeth fell out. The second creeped me out more. The sensation of your teeth falling out is just frightening: an altogether different kind of fear that is reserved especially for dental horror. I’m serious. You may laugh, but it’s utterly terrifying, the feeling of your teeth coming loose (in the dream, at least, there was no pain; I don’t know if that made things better or worse), seeing the damage in the mirror…

I certainly hope these dreams aren’t some ill omen.

--

Can it get any worse than Halle Berry as Catwoman? Apparently it can.

Just found out that J. Lo and Richard Gere are trying to make a remake of Masayuki Suo’s Shall We Dansu?. Dear God NO! If you’re good for anything, Hollywood, you will quash the chances of this happening! Nice to see that Entertainment Weekly still have their sense of humor, though: “If the film follows its overseas counterpart, Gere and J.Lo won't have any love scenes together. Instead of hooking up with the dance instructor, the character is supposed to find new love for his wife after brightening his life by learning to dance. But come on, this is J.Lo.”

In better casting news, Jonathan Glazer’s remake of Hideo Nakata’s Chaos will star Robert De Niro and Benicio Del Toro. No word on the woman yet, which is a pivotal part.

And it’s nice to see that Chris Cooper is rooting for Christopher Walken to take home the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. I’m kind of divided about this particular race. Because while I would love to see Christopher Walken honored, I think that this year it should actually go to Cooper. Because his role in Adaptation was his best in an already-stellar career, whereas Walken in Catch Me If You Can was fantastic, but not his best. And then there’s Paul Newman, who’s always great.

--

Just fucking LOOK at this: Congress has changed the name of French fries to Freedom fries, to show displeasure with France. Bush is turning America into one big joke. You think the French give a damn? They’re probably laughing their ass off, as is the rest of the world. In my case, I’m just getting angrier, and wondering how this fucking moron got elected (oh, that’s right: cheating, and Florida). I agree with Neil Gaiman when he says it’s surprising this isn’t an Onion article. He also says: “Coming soon in America: sticking your tongue in someone's mouth will be known as freedom kissing. In Congress they will breakfast on Freedom toast, smear Freedom mustard on their steaks and drink, well, Californian Wine, I expect.”

Besides, was the fact that they were called French fries ever even a compliment anyway? Next thing you know they’ll be returning the Statue of Liberty.

No comments: