Saturday, July 26, 2003

Was going through another new set of revisions for First Time when I got the text that it was Not Radio's last episode, which Quark told me about but I didn't take him seriously. So I thought, okay, I'll give myself a break and listen-- and the farewell episode was 3 hours. Not that I'm complaining. It was sad, touching, hilarious as always, and punctuated by great music. I can't believe it's going, and it's still hard to believe that come October it would've celebrated its 11th year. Wow. I feel old. I've discovered a lot of great music thanks to the show. I remember buying Versus's Two Cents Plus Tax the day after Myrene played Atomic Kid. Which is one of the few times I ever bought an album (overpriced, at that, since this was during the CD Warehouse days) having only heard one song (but a kickass one, at that). The other times were Pearl Jam's Ten, and the Juliana Hatfield Three's Become What You Are. And Pavement's Wowee Zowee. Which have all gone on to become favorite albums of mine. Anyway, that's why I'm posting this at 3 AM.

LONG LIVE NOT RADIO.

No comments: