Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Neva and I saw My Wife is a Gangster last night, and it was a riot. I thoroughly enjoyed myself on all levels. See it if you can, you’ll be laughing your arms off, as Ernan would say.

This pretty much sums up my feelings regarding Bush and Blair being nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

And Red Meat’s been a hit with me recently. Here’s the latest one.

And one of my former teachers has a blog. How… weird.

--

There is a classic sketch from the much-missed Late Night with Conan O’Brien wherein Triumph the Insult Comic Dog harrasses a group of nerds camped out at a theater anticipating Episode 2 (if you haven’t seen it, download it from the net. Life is not complete until you have seen this. Get the one at the Bon Jovi concert too, while you’re at it.). In it, he encountered a geek unlike any other: Blackwolf the Dragonmaster, a man who fancies himself a wizard and speaks with a ridiculous accent, who went to the group of nerds seemingly only to harrass them as well (but Triumph beat him to it and made him the butt of many, many sweet jokes). I have actually come across his website, and it is glorious. Exactly how I imagined it to be. Besides cracking up, I was pleased to note that there is a forthcoming album from Triumph the Insult Comic Dog called Songs in the Key of Poop. I look forward to it. Speaking of Triumph, check out his official website sometime. It’s been updated a little, with links to his fansites (where you can get some video clips of his sketches and appearances) and these zingers:

On the MTV Awards fiasco (Eminem picked a fight with Moby and Triumph):
“By now everyone knows what happened on the video awards. I bear no anger toward Eminem, who, as I've said in the past, I have great admiration for, particularly his smooth white hair, which resembles a beagle's nutsack. I'm also glad to see him prove he can act. He played a white rap artist...quite a stretch. Maybe I can do a movie about a guy who licks his balls.”

On Kermit the Frog:
“I really admire you, as a star but also as an amphibian. You can hold your breath for a very long time... which helps when you have to go down on Miss Piggy."

On Ellen DeGeneres, new center square on Hollywood Squares (replacing Whoopi Goldberg):
"Hey Ellen DeGeneres, the new center square. What a huge comedown. I kid, she's not here permanently, she's rotating with Burt Reynolds and Alec Baldwin. Interesting... I thought you only rotated with chicks."

No comments: