Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I have an appalling lack of clothes. No one knows this better than Neva; she sees me most, after all. So she got me some clothes for last Sunday, and some nice ones, at that. I have no knack for these things; it's a good thing she does. The first few paychecks from work went to getting more clothes, since I didn't have that many button-down polo shirts to begin with, and my slacks had dwindled down to around 3. I still need to buy shoes. The 3 sneakers I still wear have been with me forever. My Simples I bought in 2001, for around 10 bucks. I checked the website to see how much it really is; $60.

-

If you're curious about Wonder Woman, this article sheds more light on her origin and status as an icon than my post ever could, and also reveals some things that took even me by surprise, like creator Marston's sexual proclivities, which now explains all the bondage I mentioned.

Check out Acme Filmworks, whose roster of directors includes Peter Chung (Aeon Flux), Bill Plympton (various MTV ads), John Kricfalusi (Ren & Stimpy), Michael Dudok de Wit ("Father & Daughter"), and Wendy Tilby & Amanda Forbis ("When The Day Breaks").

And if you would like to see what the Philippines looks like from a satellite, click here and here.

No comments: