Friday, April 09, 2004

STUFF TO DO

If you're just bored beyond belief, why not try some origami? Or visit a Ghost Town. Or make faces.

Here's the new Spider-Man 2 trailer, here's the Kill Bill Vol. 2 trailer, and here's the first TV spot I've seen for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Looks like Jim Carrey's hamming it up again, Grinch-style. It still looks like it's being directed by the guy who did Casper. Which it is. Here's a trailer for Shaun of the Dead, a small UK indy film that looks like fun. And here's a trailer for Jeux D'Enfants (Child's Play), which will unfortunately be given the name Love Me If You Dare when it opens in the US. It looks positively charming.



Here's a lovely little something I stumbled onto at the Downloads section of Oni Press. They have a bunch of neat wallpapers there, and I noticed this one for a book and author I've never heard of, Bryan Lee O'Malley's Lost At Sea. I love it. It's a great image; lovers' locked lips in silhouette. And the text, if you can't see it, says "When I was with you, I was perfect." What a poignant pistolwhip. It's stark, simple, emotional, and a grabber. See, I love discovering things like this. This simple wallpaper is so fucking good, that it gets me intrigued, gets me looking up the book it promotes, and maybe I'll be several hundred pesos poorer for it. So to whoever designed it: it worked.

No comments: