Monday, October 07, 2002

Well now the fucking problem is that there are TOO MANY BLOGS. It’s hard keeping track of who’s updated alone, but no, you’ve now got to consider who’s written a new comment. In our blog circle’s case, who’s insulted you recently. Forthwith, I present to you:

HOW TO GET COMMENTS

- Insult someone at random (usually, either Ernan, Alexis, Ozzy, Chris, or myself. When in doubt, default bitch is Ozzy [you know it and like it, bitch, so stop whining])
- Await retort
- Respond in kind
- When things are dying, insult someone else (can also be done “casually” by inserting it in retort to original insultee)
- Hijinks ensue
- Repeat

But in all honesty, I was finally able to catch up on some blog-reading last night (the ones worth my precious internet minutes, anyway), and I truly love my friends. They are an eclectic bunch. Aww… and that’s the last you’re getting for a while, bitches.

--

Just wanted to point out my new links, Hannah and Goldie’s blogs. Goldie’s isn’t even functioning per se yet, but when it does I’m sure it’ll be interesting reading. I love the fact that her blog hurts my eyes. And I love that post about the “cunt-sucking gords.” And Hannah’s blog is hilarious! Like mommy Mich, she writes like she talks, so you can pretty much hear her voice (loud) while reading. And some of her lines are just side-splitting, from the Slipping Beauty crack to “It’s a small world for a small bird.”

--

Both Mich and Maggie have commented on my story of Neva’s “Here, miming…” routine whenever there’s an animal nearby. One of the things I forgot to mention during my graduation from the AIMMAP was that during one pause in the Dean of the Institute’s speech, I heard a “Here, miming…” from the crowd, and I knew Neva was there. A cat was crossing the courtyard.

Just tonight she was telling me about this meerkat documentary on the National Geographic Channel, that reduced her to tears. It was a meerkat’s story where his tribe died out from a famine and he had to move to a different tribe that didn’t accept him until the last minute. She was recalling the scene where the “star” meerkat’s sister died while he was getting food for her, and it sounded really heart-breaking. National Geographic is the devil. Instead, we came up with the idea of Meerkat Magnolia. Just imagine PT Anderson’s Magnolia, but with meerkats. In costumes and wigs. Priceless.

--



Goddamn I wish I could see this! A four-way comedy battle royale between Janeane Garofalo, Kids in the Hall, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, and Mr. Show?! FUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

Thanks to Joey for the link! And just click on the pic for more info.

--

Saw Chungking Express earlier tonight at UP Film Center. Kinda disappointing because the translation sucked, the aspect ratio was wrong, and the reels got mixed up, though only Alexis and myself noticed. Unlike what happened with Quark’s Gamitan, it didn’t fuck up the plot. Joey, Alia, and Tim, who were seeing it for the first time, seemed to get it fine. Plus, there was this really annoying noisy fuck who seemed to be hopped up on some fucking shit because he kept trying to make sure that people noticed he existed, by talking and shouting at the top of his voice and acting like a FUCKING JACKASS. The worst part is I know this motherfucker will be there tomorrow. Some people just don’t deserve Wong Kar-Wai. They deserve to get shot. So at least there’ll be a reason he’s shouting at the top of his lungs. You fucking retard!

--

Ernan’s right: since I started blogging I’ve stopped writing (right, Meg? :)). Kinda scary, so I’ll have to rectify that. I was going to issue an ultimatum to Neva: that if she quits her blog I’ll shut this down too, but since she’s suddenly been posting like crazy and even started A WHOLE NEW BLOG to boot, it’s kinda useless now.

--

Has anyone noticed that Jomi's blog is called "'Spit, Jomi!' said Jomi"?

No comments: