Saturday, February 08, 2003

Harvey says that Japanese anime has regularly outsourced some of its workload to Korean animation houses, which may account for how they were able to refine their methods and techniques. I also remembered that since Korea's where Rough Draft is housed, I probably shouldn't be as surprised as I am (see previous post). Rough Draft is one of the best animation houses in history, and their calling card seems to be not just fluid animation, but the ability to maintain the creator's specific style. They do The Simpsons, and the old Aeon Flux and Phantom 2040 series. So every frame of The Simpsons looks like it was hand-drawn by Matt Groening, but of course that's impossible, and every episode of Aeon Flux looks like it was hand-drawn by Peter Chung.

--

And the Poveda Prom note is simply this: I never went to my prom (just the Senior Ball), Neva never went to hers, so it was our first prom. Unfortunately, it sucked. The emcees were charmless, and didn't realize their microphones were too far away from their mouths; the mobile sucked, so nobody was dancing; we didn't get the table we were promised, etc. But hell, we had a fairly good time. We danced. We talked. Good thing we were with friends. It was nice seeing all of us dressed up: all dresses and suits. I wish I had my camera but it was with my dad while he was in Baguio. Maybe Mich or Goldie will put up pics since they brought their camera. Lest I forget, Alexis and Hannah won Dancing King & Queen, and Goldie won Prom Princess. And Ciudad played a great set.

--

The Managing The Arts Program at AIM Batch 4 is ongoing now. Students include Laurice Guillen and husband Johnny Delgado (Goin' Bananas!), Nestor Torre, and Marvyn Agustin (who's dorming for some reason). Star-studded! I'm going to see if I can sit in on some classes. Neva, Mich, and Chris are talking about attending Batch 5 in June.

--

If you have nothing better to do, go here and vote for Newsradio, "full season" specs, please. It's one of my favorite shows of all time and I'd love it if the entire run were available on DVD.

No comments: